Monday 14 October 2013

61. Food 2: Manipur

On the way and back to Imphal, on a roadside shop I saw this.


Then I kept on seeing this. I was especially curious with the green round fruit which apparently had some buttons on its surface.

People were purchasing it. Of course, roadside shops won't keep things that are not wanted by customers.

It was kept with fruit, so I concluded that it was something 'eatable'.
"What is it?" I asked.


They purchased it for me. I was opening it - must be in a wrong way.
The driver took it from me and opened in an instant.

What next?


Pull the seed and consume.
Ah! They were really testy.

Lotus Seeds!
No, it is not lunch item - but very popular traditional food item.
I really liked it. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes they are really tasty. May be we could fry them with some salt and ghee.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.